Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
My child doesn't want to skate anymore - what is your refund policy?
- Medical reasons. A doctor's note is required.
- In exceptional circumstances and at the discretion of the Board, The KCFSC will consider written requests for refund.
How do I get a tax receipt or see my invoices?
Where can I find my child's Skate Canada number?
You can get your Skate Canada number from your member account on Uplifter. Once you are logged into the member area click on "participants" to see the Skate Canada number for your skater(s). Note: the first time you create an account and add a participant it may take 1-2 business days for the Skate Canada number to populate.
Once you have your membership number you can go the Skate Canada Website www.skatecanada.com and follow the instructions below to print out your membership card.
Can I register after a session has started?
- CanSkate - prorating stops 4 weeks prior to session finishing.
- STARSkate - prorating stops 4 weeks prior to session finishing. Buy on rates are applicable after this time.
Why do I have to pay a Skate Canada membership?
Skate Canada Membership fee is paid once a year (September - August). Your fee includes a mandatory insurance premium, which is submitted on your behalf to an Insurance Plan, as outlined by Skate Canada. All skaters must pay the required national Skate Canada Membership fee each year. The national membership offers you many benefits, and guarantees you ongoing quality assurance and adherence to high standards in Skate Canada Programs offered at this member club.
- An accident insurance benefit at a substantially lower cost to the members than that available in other sports
- Access to high quality programs that are recognized and often sought after internationally and by other national sport organizations.
- Access to qualified, NCCP certified Skate Canada professional coaches who have been trained through high quality training programs developed by Skate Canada.
- National registry of figure skating qualifications (tests) and results (for qualifying events) held in a central computerized system for easy access.
- Test certificates and Award of Merits for tests passed.